No matter wherever you find yourself right now, you have the ability and the chance to make your life count. Yes, you can achieve peak performance in any area of your life. But how do we know that it’s possible for you. There are two basic things –
- If you can breathe, you can make your life count.
- If you want to live for something larger than yourself, you will surely achieve your highest level of greatness in any area of life.
Now these two things you already have. But as you look at your life, your life doesn’t seem to be a symbol of greatness. Why? Because you may have not practiced the following steps we are going to teach you right now.
Let’s jump in.
Here are the steps by following which you can achieve peak performance in any area of your life.
- Presence: This is the first key element of every great performance. If you are not present, you will miss the chance to catapult yourself to extra-ordinary level of performance. Here’s what you should do. Whenever you do something, do that thing only. Don’t worry about what’s happening at your home or when you need to pay your bills or how much you would earn at the end of the month. These thoughts can come later and you can concentrate on them once you finish practicing your craft. Just do what you want to make your life count for. It can be writing, learning new languages or practicing speaking skills. If you’re present and mindful in your practice, day in and day out, you will achieve extra-ordinary results within a short stint.
- Focus: This is age-old advice, but very few maintain it. If you want to be too many things too soon, you will fall in the trap of becoming nothing at all. So pick one that you feel has the most significance in your life right now and you can do the other things later. As without focus you won’t be able to spark fire on the paper with your magnifying glass, similarly, without focus, you won’t be able to achieve peak performance in any area of your life.
- Fitness: Fitness is of utmost importance. If you don’t have the energy to practice your craft and most of the time you feel fatigued, then it would be very difficult for you to make your mark. Thus take some steps to be fit if you’re not already. Do some jogging in the morning or take the stairs instead of using lift. And eat clean. Within few months you will get rid of any flabs that you may have and you will feel more energized and rejuvenated.
- Action: Without taking action, it’s impossible to get to your greatness. You constantly need to take small steps each day to be able to perform at your highest level. Success guru Robin Sharma says that each day you need to take 5 small actions to get to your greatness. If you follow his advice within a year or two you will see a drastic difference in your performance level.
So what you’re waiting for. Greatness is within your reach. All you need to do is to take the first step, right now. Remember the journey of thousand miles begins with a single step.